Friday, April 3, 2015

Let me tell you a story....

 My name is Leah. I'm exactly 21 years old as of December, and I own two companies. A Publishing company called Midnight Hour Publishing and a Graphic Art company called Black Diamond Designs. I've been writing since I could spell and publishing books since I was 17. I've gone through all sort's of drama some that set me back and made me never want to write again when I was younger but the years have given me thicker skin.

 So, let me take you to,April 2nd 2015. I woke up late in that day after writing, making covers and playing games.. the normal thing for me to do to a lovely slew of messages from a man named.. well lets call him Ed. Yes I am in fact editing these to show a grain of respect that none of them lack because I'm not here to get even with these people I'm here to show the real inside workings of the Author world.

To some.. it seems like our little world should be perfect. Authors are a like they should get along, Publishers must only compete in sales and all graphic artists recommend each other.. not true. Let me start but showing you this..


 Waking up to this alone was frustrating and yes, I am a very vocal person so when i get angry I do tend to curse. Sorry just where I grew up, hell I curse in normal speech without realizing it but what happened from there on was out of hand and just confusing. 

Let me explain something to you. These people.. Ed and well lets call the other Justine Tyler or something of that sort. Well Justine and Ed both have had drama with other people and companies, something that I haven't at all been part of and really didn't look into. My friend, Amanda decided to go public with what happened to her at her last company she was published with and I had shared the post after visiting the blog and that was really about it.

They've decided that I am the owner of said page. That I am this Ember woman and she is a persona of mine. Let me get one thing clear right now with all of you, I have a pen name. One. Her name is Harleen Wilson. If I care to tell you something it'll be said to your face and not anywhere else. So now that, that has been said I wish to carry on with this. 

Ed and Justine, decided that since my IP shows up on said blog I am the owner. I've only ever had a few blogs that died in a matter of a week my last one being made almost two years ago. This is the first i've made and decided to actually run in a long, long time. Because i'm tired of being disregarded because people think I do not voice my concerns, opinions or anything else for that matter. You're wrong, dead wrong about that. 

Now here comes the fun part. Messages continued on like shown below. 


 Now funnily enough, I still do not at all know who Lindsay is. 


Now this alone was strictly from Ed here and no one else. This is what I woke up to and what started it. I contacted Justine because I know that they're friends, and granted it wasn't the most ... professional of ways to contact someone I was angry at that time and I wanted this to end what I didn't know was that all of this was about to get a thousand times worse than what it had already been.


 Now, you'd think that this is the end of it right? You'd be wrong. Miss. Ember (I will not post her last name here) had a conversation with Justine and Justine so stuck in her own little world insisted that I AM HER and started threatening her. Maybe not your opinion of threats but these are the kind of threats that would bother any person who runs companies. 

Let me get a few things clear here before I post this. Ember contacted me to show me this. Justine threatened my companies for no reason apart from she apparently is never wrong. "But that's fine. It goes back to the question of why you don't care more about your authors than to put them in the line of fire by hosting that blog and jumping into the deep end of somebody else's drama." is a line said but because she's talking to the blog owner and not me.. It's not really a threat to her. It is but not on the same level. She, like me wishes to keep her head high and do what she wants. I can not control her and that is up to her to do. 

Here is what i was shown of their conversation.









Now that this is from last night I'll end this post here and what I found this morning and saw and did etc. I shall post next. 




1 comment:

  1. I started GraveworX in 1997 to design websites and it extended into book layout work as I did everything in house. I designed my own title or co-designed with a small press veteran, Publisher Donna Burgess I didn't realize I had learned from a few of the veterans in the small press -- a little too well. I am the only one active from the era of Cyber-Pulp though my peers are Chimeraworld Books, Raw Dog Screaming Press, Naked Snake Press and LBF Books in it's first ownership.
         When you yelled at me when I was just giving you some tips and learn some new tricks as I know how to scale pdf files I use two sites to merge pdf files for to ready the title for CreateSpace.com -- one aspect I learned was how to do spines. Which I had only been doing that less than a year.

    ReplyDelete